Monday, April 29, 2013

Thermos Makeover

I have one daughter that takes her lunch to school daily.  She's wheat-intolerant, and school lunches just aren't great for her diet.  She tried to do salads daily... till the day they ran out of salad!  (That was one very hungry girl that day.)  I also take a lunch to work.  Both of us like to eat hot foods like soup or leftovers.  We had two Thermos containers for just that purpose.

A couple of months ago, my youngest two kids began wanting to take warm lunches too.  But that meant getting more Thermos containers.  Have you priced those lately?  Each one is at least $12, if not more.  

Then I found these on Amazon for just under $7 apiece.  They are the same size as the others.  But just $7??  Can you take a guess why?


Perhaps it's because Hannah Montana is plastered all over?  I don't know about your kids, but Hannah Montana is "SO last year".  (Hmmm... my guess is that the saying is SO last year, too.)  But... I had a plan.

Enter... cute Duct Tape!


I had my daughter pick out a favorite tape from her growing Duct Tape collection (who would've guessed that would be a welcome Birthday gift for a 12 year old girl?)


And Voila!  No more Hannah Montana!  I can attest to the fact that it's been washed in a dishwasher several times so far... not even a corner has pulled off.  Still looks like it was just wrapped.

Cute!  Imagine the possibilities now!  Have you seen the Moustache Duct Tape out there?  So cute!!  Or camouflage for my son?  That may be for the next one....



No comments:

Post a Comment