Monday, February 18, 2013

"New" Dressers

So, I moved two dressers into my youngest son's bedroom last week.  They are small, but identical, a family hand-me-down set.

Although the dressers were nice, the wood just didn't go well in the room... and those drawer pulls needed a serious update.  One of them even lost the screws (how does that happen?  They should fall INSIDE the drawer, right?)

Anyway... I used a little wood filler to fix that scratch....

...then I went out and picked up a pretty blue paint and "Gripper" primer paint.  After two coats of primer and two coats of blue paint, I let dry for a couple of days and replaced the drawer pulls.  I love the brushed nickel cup pulls.  (bought at Amazon!)


Love the look of these!  What do you think?

Here is a shot of the dressers with the "new" shelves above.  I found both of these shelves at a local thrift store and painted them both brown.  I plan to cover up the star and moon so as to look a little less "nursery".  I also want to find some more shelving for another corner of the room so these can be just for sports trophies.  Until then, the shelves are a bit cluttered and un-finished, but they make an eight-year-old boy happy.




1 comment: